In the midst of moving season, finding an honest, reliable moving company is important for a smooth transition – a transition that is memorable for its successful completion. One excellent way to judge the reliability of a moving company is to check for BBB accreditation. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) exists to help the community discover trustworthy companies by “advancing marketplace trust.” The following content will explore the BBB vision, how they choose trustworthy companies, and how to find a BBB accredited, reliable moving company.
The Better Business Bureau
The BBB has a simple vision: to create “an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers trust each other.” Their mission reflects their vision. To create an ethical marketplace, the BBB begins by setting an example of trust to the marketplace. Then, the BBB rewards companies who are exemplary in following the best practices of an honest marketplace and addresses companies who fall short. Ultimately, the BBB is designed to create an atmosphere of trust between companies, charities, communities, and consumers. In order to foster an ethical marketplace, the BBB holds to specific accreditation standards, founded on the BBB standards of trust.
BBB Accreditation Standards
To be accredited, “a business or organization affirms that it meets and will abide by” the standards detailed here, built on eight principles.
- Build Trust: Trust is built with time. BBB-accredited organizations have carefully followed governmental regulations and BBB standards for over six months.
- Honestly Advertise: The BBB expects businesses to advertise according to the law, be willing to adjust advertisements if they go against the BBB Code of Advertising, and – generally – avoid lying to or misleading customers.
- Be Truthful: Truthfulness, simply, requires honest representations of goods and services.
- Be Transparent: Misleading content, hidden information, undisclosed policies, secret fees, and “small print” are in direct contradiction to the BBB standard of transparency.
- Honor Promises: Formal contract and agreements must be followed-through.
- Be Responsive: Responsiveness includes professional answers to negative feedback, complaints, or disputes.
- Safeguard Privacy: Privacy is safeguarded through fraud prevention and respectful attention given to personal privacy preferences.
- Embody Integrity: Integrity embodiment is simple. In all dealings and interactions, a BBB accredited organization must act with integrity. Finally, BBB companies must “avoid involvement, by the business or its principals, in activities that reflect unfavorably on, or otherwise adversely affect the public image of BBB or its accredited businesses.”
Understanding the BBB accreditation standards is helpful in choosing any company, and especially helpful when searching for an honest, reliable moving company. You can know with assurance that a BBB-accredited company will abide by the BBB’s eight ethical standards.
BBB-Accredited Moving Company
The Better Business Bureau recently wrote a helpful article on hiring an honest, reliable moving company. To begin, the BBB mentions being careful of criminals posing as moving companies. Moving company criminals may steal your belongings, attempt to sell them back to you, or ignores the need for a contract and asks for more money. Fortunately, you can take a few steps of precaution to avoid these costly, often detrimental, scenarios.
Firstly, make sure the company is BBB-accredited. Of course, read reviews as well. Get a good feel for the atmosphere of the company and if other customers have been satisfied with the quality of service. Secondly, ensure that the company has the proper credentials and licenses. Thirdly, get a contract in writing, detailing deposit requirements and insurance policy information. Remove the possibility of hidden fees. Finally, keep your valuables on your person. This precaution is good advice for any situation, and especially important during a move.
Alliance Moving & Storage
BBB-accredited Alliance Moving & Storage is dedicated to marketplace excellence, fully engaged in the mission of creating trust between the company and our customers. Alliance offers a variety of expert moving services, designed to provide a stress-free relocation.
Residential & Commercial Moves
Alliance Moving & Storage specializes in both residential and commercial moves. During residential moves, we are passionate about smoothly guiding our customers into their next stage of life. The process of moving is weighty, especially for busy families. This is why we offer comprehensive services during the entire move. For every move, we:
- Provide one point of contact who will guide you from the planning stage to the completion of the process.
- Bring an accurately sized crew with a clean truck, supervised by a knowledgeable professional, leading professionals with at least five years of experience.
- Disassemble furniture at your location of origin and carefully reassemble each piece in your designated spaces.
- Wrap each item carefully with protective padding, ensuring maximum safety for your items.
- Provide basic liability per pound of items, for no extra charge.
During commercial moves, we are passionate about not letting your move impact your bottom line. Your time restrictions, business operations, and safe transportation of expensive items are our top priorities. Regardless of your company, we can smoothly move you. We specialize in a variety of moves, including warehouse and retail store relocations which may require heavy machinery and a large amount of manpower. Once again, commercial moves will be led by a professional, experienced crew leader and include disassembly and reassembly services.
Alliance Moving & Storage proudly embodies integrity. Hear what our customers are saying about past experiences: “We highly recommend this mover! We had over 200 boxes to move and several stops to make,” Suzy A. wrote, “and everything went very smoothly.” Mary Beth said, “We had 8 gentlemen move us from Illinois to Indiana. We thought it was going to take 6 hours to load and it took a little more than 4.” Finally, Tara D. shared, “They were very accommodating and were able to schedule our local move the same day I reached out. Very efficient all around.” We are highly rated on Yelp, Angie’s List, Facebook, Google, and Thumbtack, and – of course – Better Business Bureau.
For a free quote, contact us today – and know that you have found an honest, reliable moving company that will make your move a stress-free, smooth experience.